The Institute and School of Actuaries (IFoA) is the UK’s chartered professional human body that regulates and represents more than 32,000 customers around the world, overseeing their actuarial training at all phases of qualification and development in the course of their professions. We established examinations, continuing experienced progress, specialist codes and disciplinary requirements for our associates.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Regulatory Lawyer for a Long term contract.
This part is hybrid, both equally operating from residence and in our Edinburgh hub.
The starting up income is £71,630 for every annum.
To apply, you should send a CV and include letter to [email protected] kingdom by the closing day of Sunday 11 February 2024.
Interviews will consider position in the 7 days of 19 February.
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Plan, the major intent of the function is to deliver senior authorized/regulatory guidance to the IFoA in relation to its public interest regulatory purpose and act as Secretary to the Regulatory Board for an interim time period of about 9 months.
The Regulatory Board is a key IFoA Board that oversees the delivery of the IFoA’s regulatory operate and acts independently, reporting to the FRC in respect of the IFoA’s United kingdom experienced oversight human body.
This position will contain advising on intricate regulatory legal problems and is element of a team responsible for retaining and producing the IFoA’s regulatory framework, which includes experienced standards.
Vital responsibilities include things like:
• Providing senior-degree authorized and regulatory information in relation to elaborate concerns regarding the IFoA’s general public curiosity regulatory purpose
• Playing a essential job as a senior member of the broader Regulatory Plan Group
• Responsible for primary on the progress and supply of complicated regulatory jobs
• Supporting the productive shipping and delivery of the IFoA’s regulatory functions by acting as interim Secretary to the IFoA Regulatory Board
• On an interim basis for about 9 months, taking care of a team that supports the do the job of the Regulatory Board
We are looking for an individual with the subsequent knowledge, skills and encounter:
• Practical experience of regulatory regulation and plan acquired both in personal follow and/ or in-house.
• Excellent penned and oral interaction skills.
• Robust industrial and strategic recognition.
• Fantastic staff worker.
• Encounter of providing shows to committees/ conferences.
• Potent management skills
A comprehensive occupation description is on our web-site.
The IFoA offers colleagues meaningful careers to perform in partnership with our customers to enable address some of society’s largest issues.
The IFoA is an moral, inclusive organisation wherever colleague wellbeing is a priority. Our individuals are supported to reach their opportunity by a combination of challenging do the job, options for job- and project-based progress and formal coaching and improvement. Their benefit is evident to them by competitive salaries and a generous reward deal in addition to results-centered assessment and the means to function flexibly.
We are Member-targeted, Motion-oriented, Forward- and outward contemplating and Team-pushed.
Read through a lot more on https://www.actuaries.org.british isles/about-us/functioning-ifoa